Monday, April 18

A Travel Beyond the Himalayas: Mustang # 3!

d':tf¨ efu —­#

A view of Himalayas as seen from the Pokhara Airport


I got to capture these stunning Himalayas from Plane

hf]d;f]d} ahf/df !@ ah] xfjf ;// .
P xh'/ 3/ xfd|f] kf]v/f, cEfm} ;Dd ef5}g 3/af/ ..
(Jomsome, air blows 12.00 noon;
Hey, we are from Pokhara and still unmarried!!) 

This is a rhyme of one famous Nepali song (by Nepathya) echoing on and striking me when I was about to step down from Sita Airlines’ Twin Otter (spell?) plane for the first time in Jomsome Bazzar. As in song, it was extremely windy. The wind blowing from south to north was such a strong that it was very difficult for everyone to handle their bags and move smoothlyL. But walking along the air current was super easy and effortless!
Landed Safely :)... Jomsome Airport and Mt. Nilgiri on the background
The journey was highly remarkable for me! I had to struggle to fly. Due to the fluctuating weather flights were cancelled for two days. Even in third day weather was not so good but the captain dared to fly, and thanks GOD for safe landingJ. That was the only flight taken that day. If I would not have gotten chance to fly on that plane I would have to wait for another day. So, I must thank a guy (I’m sorry, I forget his name) from SITA Air who was highly generous to provide me room on first flight even there was a long queue of foreign tourist who were paying way more in US$ for the ticket.

See the arid landscapes of Mustang and a suspension bridge above  Kaligandaki River
Although very dry and arid, landscapes were carved in such a way that everyone could easily lost within the beauty of Mustang. And, I was super excited to travel beyond the Himalayas. The only problem I had was being late by 2 days to conduct research. My research partner Mr. Gabe Stutman (from Washington DC, USA), who was already in Muktinath temple, was counting every minute for my arrival. And, It is totally understandable that how terrible time everyone finds to wait someone not even for a couple of hours but for three days! I am sorry my friend (d]/f] ;fyL u]j dnfO{ dfkm ug'{xf];\ .) ! 

Though it was super windy I decided to leave for Jharkot where everyone was waiting me. We had a team of 8 students (4 Nepali and 4 Americans) from CNSP (Cornell Nepal Study Program) looking at four different aspects in Mustang. As a part of regular courses of CNSP our American friends were there for their research and we (Nepali students) were assisting them.

The Jharkot Village
When I got into Hotel Plazza in Jharkot around 6:00 pm I was completely exhausted. I didn’t see anything on the store but just the Fanta! Wow J I didn’t have to wait for second round to finish half liter fanta. Now I could see who were there; almost all except Paul and Gabe! I came to know that Paul is staying with Amchi and Gabe is in Ranipauwa - Muktinath.
 
Winter season; Mustang region; evening time; very tired; how would you feel if you take shower using freezing water? Though shivering with almost frozen fingers, I was feeling refreshed! Cold but clean! Great time for coffee.

See few more snaps on the way to Jharkot:

Mustang valley: Kaligandaki River gorge

Plants coping with aridity
Salix were the only trees I saw with leaves

3 comments:

  1. Wow! It's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well well well awesome iz not just enough to comment this as

    ReplyDelete